PRO LOCO SOLFERINO
In collaboration with the city council, the library, and with cultural and commercial associations.
CALENDAR OF THE 2019 EVENTS
- January and February events:
6 January 2019: Arrival of the Three Wise Men, and “3 Laghi” choral group – at the Piazza Castello Parish/Church
6 January 2019: traditional bonfire of the Befana
20 January 2019: Chagall exhibition with guided tour, Mantua
26 and 27 January 2019: a tourism promotion at Leone Shopping Center, Lonato
16 February 2019: The town of Solferino, winner of the Orange flag for tourism excellence, will be part of the “Travel Outdoor Fest”, held at Parma Fair and organised by the Touring Club.
17 March 2019: a tourism promotion at Le Corti Venete Shopping Center.
- From March to December:
The Market of Curiosities, Small Antiques and artisanry is held on the second Sunday of every month, in Piazza Castello. The dates are as follows:
Piazza Castello Martket, Solferino: 10 March 2019
Piazza Castello Martket, Solferino: 14 April 2019
Piazza Castello Martket, Solferino: 09 June 2019
Piazza Castello Martket, Solferino: 14 July 2019
Piazza Castello Martket, Solferino: 11 August 2019
Piazza Castello Martket, Solferino: 08 September 2019
Piazza Castello Martket, Solferino: 13 October 2019
Piazza Castello Martket, Solferino: 10 November 2019
Piazza Castello Martket, Solferino: 08 December 2019
- March-April-May-June: to coincide with the street markets, there is the chance to visit the Gonzaga tower that will be open throughout the same period. In the tower, visitors can see the exhibition of historic issues of the Gazzetta di Mantova newspaper (curated by Gianni Dallai); they can attend other events, including a show that gathers old pictures of the town of Solferino as well as the drawings of children.
- April-June-September: To coincide with the local street market, visitors can attend the Spring Festival, Summer Festival and Autumn Festival; presentation of Pro Loco initiatives, with aperitifs and tasting of De.Co. products; Old time games and various events.
- The first Sunday of April, May and September, will re-host the excursion “Quattro passi nella storia” (“A Stroll into History”), a pleasant walk around the hills and battle sites of the area, immersed between history and nature, and concluding with an aperitif in the Gonzaga tower.
- 08 May 2019: A commemorative event in honour of Henri Dunant, on the occasion of the anniversary of his birth (8/5/1828). The event is centered around the idea of peace.
- Every Friday – from May to September 2019 – visitors can join the BIKE TOUR, a weekly hike “the discovery of the Solferino area by bike” organised by Team UBmajor, with the support of the following hotels, agriturismos, and B&Bs: “La Torretta”; “Da Renato”; “Avanguardia”; “Carpe diem”; “Le Sorgive”; “Cà Lilla”; “Corte Le Barche”; “Casa della Luna”; “Residence del duca”.
- From 25 May to 2 June: Exhibition of the Photographic Competition curated by Fotoclub Gian Carlo D’Isola Solferino. The exhibition will be held at the Gonzaga Tower.
We highlight the most important events that will take place over June in Solferino
- Theatre spectales, orchestra concerts and an opera evening. In Piazza Castello.
- 14 June: an evening dedicated to classical and modern Dance with students from the dance school.
- Re-enactment of the popular Chariot race around the town’s contrade and hamlets.
- 22 June: a traditional TORCHLIGHT PROCESSION OF THE RED CROSS, taking place from Solferino to Castiglione, each year drawing thousands of participants.
- Participation in the events related to Solferino city of peace, in conjunction with other councils in which there is a Center for Peace. The event also aims to establish an international Center for peace in Solferino too.
- 24 June: A commemorative event dedicated to the battle of 1859.
Main Events in July
- Capunsèl Festival, curated by Solferino’s Confraternita del Capunsèl
- Beer festival, curated by the group Amici della Birra.
- “Gonzaga” dinner and/or typical dinner with De.Co local products from our area
- In September, there might the chance of another “BIKE TOUR – The discovery of Solferino”, a bike tour dedicated to the exploration of the flavours, tastes and the natural beauty of the area of our borgo, with a healthy tasting of local products concluding the day.
- December: Local markets will be scattered around town, exhibiting and selling Christmas products.A live nativity scene will show periodically.
Info and contact:
Pro loco Solferino: Piazza Torelli, 1
phone: +39 338 9869130 (presidency)
* * *
GIFT CERTIFICATES! Now available at our location
Valid for a one-night stay in our agriturismo, or for lunch/dinner.
Allow yourself or your loved ones a moment of relaxation, immersed in nature and history.
Shipping available throughout Italy.
For any information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
Solferino has been warded the “Orange Flag” for tourism excellence
Solferino has been awarded the prestigious “Orange Flag” for tourism excellence by the Italian Touring Club (TCI).
Read the full article on the Touring Club website (Italian only)!
* * *